FPC is also called flexible circuit board and soft board. It has the characteristics of high wiring density, lightweight, and thin thickness. It is a highly reliable and excellent flexible printed circuit board. FPC is divided by function, which can be divided into FPC antenna, FPC touch screen, FPC capacitive screen, etc.; FPC cable is one of them. In layman’s terms, the FPC cable is a cable set that can be bent to a certain extent.
1. The function and purpose of the FPC cable
The function of an FPC cable is to connect two related parts or products. Many products use FPC cables, such as printers, mobile phones, and notebooks.
2. FPC cable composition and parameters
The composition of the FPC cable is the same as that of the FPC. The FPC cable is generally elongated, and the two ends are designed as pluggable pins, which can be directly connected to the connector or welded to the product. The base material is generally rolled copper, which is resistant to tortuosity and flexibility.
Line parameters: the minimum line width and line spacing are 3mil/3mil; the minimum line hole finished product reaches 0.15mm.
3. FPC wiring process
The surface treatment process used in the FPC cable generally adopts the immersion gold process; in addition, there are processes such as tin plating and tin spraying.
Fourth, the advantages and disadvantages of FPC cable
1. It can greatly reduce the volume and weight of electronic products, and is suitable for the development of electronic products in the direction of high density, miniaturization, and high reliability.
2. It has been widely used in aerospace, military, mobile communications, laptop computers, computer peripherals, PDAs, digital cameras, and other fields or products.
3. It can also be arbitrarily arranged in accordance with the requirements of the space layout, and can be moved and stretched arbitrarily in three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of component assembly and wire connection.
1. Since FPC is designed and manufactured for special applications, the required cost is relatively high.
2. Generally, it is best not to use when a small amount of application is used.
3. Post-maintenance is indispensable, soldering and rework need to be operated by trained personnel.
Five, FPC cable storage
First of all, the vacuum of the FPC soft board cannot be damaged. When packing, a layer of bubble film must be placed on the side of the box. Of course, moisture-proof beads are also indispensable.
Secondly, after sealing, the box must be stored in a dry and ventilated place with partition walls and off the ground, and avoid sunlight.